13 August 2010

How To Heal From Any Hurt Or Injury

Some of you will remember from my post on You Can Change The Way You Feel that I was injured and out for a couple days. I hurt my Achilles tendon really bad. I hurt SO bad. In addition to prayer, rest and getting a blessing I employed EFT and I think all of those four things combined helped me to have a fast recovery where the following week after my injury I was able to do 83.5 miles pain and injury free. EFT helps me to run fearless and this guest post expounds on that very subject. This is the very first guest post on Run Fearless. Enjoy! Thanks Dawn. -Caleb

Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to wake up and NOT be tired; to bound out of bed happy to greet a new day? Have you ever felt so sick and tired of being sick and tired that you didn’t care? Have you ever wondered why you just can’t get back on top of things? Do you feel like you have no control? Have you ever been so overwhelmed that you just didn’t know what to do next?

Have you ever wanted to follow your bliss; pursue your dream; go after what you are passionate about? What stops you? Do you hear yourself saying things like, “I don’t have enough money. I’m too old. I’m married. I’m single. I’m too fat. Too short. Too stupid?” Doubt, uncertainty, fear.

Have you ever in the quiet moments, when it’s just you, on a beach, watching a sunset, sitting under the stars, thought, “I know I was meant to do something special? Otherwise, why would I be here? Have tears come to your eyes as you wonder if you’re a failure? “Am I really supposed to live a life of mediocrity?” I think almost everyone shares at least some of these thoughts some of the time. We have stirrings of greatness and we don’t know why or how we can grasp hold of it and make it real.

You may have an inkling that it has something to do with the abuse you suffered as a child. Or the ridicule you experienced at the hands of others. Maybe there was one traumatic event like a rape, the suicide of a loved one, an unexpected death, a serious health condition, a job loss, or divorce. Maybe no one has ever loved you or told you how special you were. There is a way; a simple way to cut through the grief, fears, traumas, phobias, addictions, mental clutter that seems to throw enormous blocks in our path.

This simple way, allows a person to remove the mental clutter, the negative emotions, the attachment to the past and people who have hurt or wronged us. It is for lack of a better description like a combination of acupuncture (without needles) and psychotherapy. Psychotherapy on steroids! The simple method is called EFT. Emotional Freedom Techniques. By applying gentle tapping pressure to the body’s meridian points with your fingertips and repeating phrases related to the experience and affirming your worth, the body simply aligns itself with health, with positivity, with wellness, and with joy. Amazingly, it often happens in minutes. I have experienced first hand, recovery from a violent divorce, separation from a parent, abuse, suicide of a parent, unexpected loss. These “negative” experiences no longer have any hold on my life.

Once you have cut through all of the negative, you can then even begin to program yourself for success. Simple techniques allow you to release pain, grief, addictions, self loathing, and more. You learn simply how to deeply and completely accept yourself; to forgive yourself and others and to be able to embrace the amazing person you were created to be. You come to a place of Personal Peace.

One of my favorite quotes says: “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” Marianne Williamson

There’s no way to shrink that quote. I believe we all instinctively know that we were created to shine, to live purposefully in spite of fears. Live fearless. EFT helps each person to shed the old and to embrace the new. What’s holding YOU back? Don’t just run fearless, live fearless. Learn more. http://www.dailyabundance.net/

While EFT has produced remarkable clinical results, it must still be considered to be in the experimental stage and thus practitioners and the public must take complete responsibility for their use of it. Further, Dawn Norton is not a licensed health professional and offers EFT as a teacher, Certified EFT Practitioner, and as a personal performance consultant.

No comments:

Post a Comment