18 August 2010

Just Lean Into It

This principle in the Success Principles is a lot like yesterday's, I think you'll like it, principle 14!!!!!

"You can't cross a sea by merely staring into the water." -Rabindranath Tagore

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step." -Martin Luther King Jr.

"For every failure there's an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour." -Mary Kay Ash

Like I said at the beginning this is a lot like the previous principle/chapter/post. I think the title Just Lean Into It gives more of a visual of just starting. If you know what you really want to do then start doing something, it may turn out to be something different than you had planned and it will definitely be good.



I really like the story about Jana Stanfield that's in this chapter. She wanted to be a singer. She moved to Nashville to make it big, but found it was a lot harder than she thought. Jana thought the only way to pursue her dreams was to get a recording contract, but she would learn there were other ways. She decided what she wanted to do with music: Combine music, comedy, storytelling and motivation. Eventually she began preforming at church services around the area just to help people and inspire. Then she started getting attention, people wanting to buy her music etc. She put together a real album and began making a living doing what she wanted to do. She started a company and continues to inspire and motivate people today. (More at http://janastanfield.com/.) I just went to her website and watched a video of her speaking and singing, it was cool.

Are don't know where I'm going in life. I know what I love. I know what I want to do and I know where I want to end up and somehow, some way I have a strong, definite feeling that it'll all work out and that helps me to run fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment