17 August 2010

Take Action


"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." -Abraham Lincoln

"What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." -John Ruskin

"If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to meet it." -Jonathan Winters

"No man ever became great or good except through many and great mistakes." -William E. Gladstone

"You can never learn less; you can only learn more. The reason I know so much is because I have made so many mistakes." -Buckminster Fuller

Okay, I love quotes and these are so good. They really sum up the 13th chapter in the Success Principles. Take action, talk is cheap, nothing happens until you take action are some of the sections in this chapter. I'm just going to free flow the ideas coming to my mind, so bear with me, it's gonna be cool...

I think that goes along perfectly with the principle of faith. Faith is belief in action. If you really believe in something then you're going to do something about it. If you really believe in God then you are going to take action by learning of and following His commandments. If you want a testimony of something or knowledge of something you can't just sit back and wait to be enlightened, you gotta search! You have to work.

This year I woke up about my training. I was searching for ways to become faster, really I was searching for ways to be the best in the world. I had an exercise physiology class that blew my paradigm, then I read a book that taught me other important things. Then I decided that I couldn't wait any longer and I started building up my mileage little by little (or a lot by a lot, however you want to look at it :) until currently I am able to run 80+ miles each week and I feel great...tired, but great. I took action.

I think the first step to taking action is figuring out what it is that you really want and I did a post about that called, ironically, Decide What You Want Once you have decided that then it can fuel your fire inside. It doesn't have to be what you want to be in life, it can be a little more short-term, por ejemplo (that's Spanish for "for example" look, you didn't even KNOW that you were going to learn Spanish by reading this blog)...

My brother Jacob is going on a two-year mission. This is my advice for him looking back. Figure out what you want to do, who you want to be and become. Figure out now instead of waiting. Then take action in/at/to doing, being, becoming that person that will allow you to do what you want.

That's all I got for now. Taking action helps me to run fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment