20 August 2010

Deciding What To Do

This is where my advice for you turns into the blog about me which is really what blogging is all about, but let's not get sidetracked and I'll tell you what I'm thinking because it's all I can think about...

I thought I had figured out what I wanted to do this past week. I had figured out what I was going to do with my life and then I'm listening to this talk by Elder (now President) Henry B. Eyring and I start to wonder if I have made the right decision and is it really the best decision. Let's be more specific...

Since high school I have had the same battle I just realized, being a school teacher and a professional runner. With so many injuries in the past the teacher idea took first place, but as I've been training more and having more success with running I've leaned more towards running. I don't know what to do and this post, for no matter how long I write it won't get resolved right now. No, I am not waiting for God to tell me what to do. I believe that He will support me in whatever I choose, if it's a healthy, good decision of course. I can't see Him supporting me in a decision to professionally sell drugs. That was a joke and a true joke at that.

I just want to figure out what I want to do. I'm trying to listen to my heart, but I think my right ventricle is battling with the left. My mind is no better as I go back and forth with 5 million billion guadzillion pros and cons, things I like and dislike about both. I joke about this with Amy, but for reals sometimes I want to take a few months and go live in a Buddhist monastery on top of a high mountain and meditate for a long time, or get in a car and drive down to the southern most tip of Argentina/Chile then give the car away to a family in need and hitch-hike my way back. Yeah, I could do that if I wanted to, but I probably won't and now I'm just rambling.

Anyways, I don't know how this relates to anything fearless except that I'm not really afraid, but I DO want to figure out what I really want to do with my life and then live fearless knowing I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment