04 August 2010

It's Harder Than I Thought

The title refers to making a stencil for the t-shirts for the Barefoot Race this Saturday. I chose the stencil font on Word, then made a great design, printed it on a piece of paper. Then glued it to a cereal box and tried to use my knife to cut the letters out and it didn't work.

Then I thought if I had thinner card-stock that I could do it. So I went to Cougar Creations and did that. Still painstakingly hard, but when they lent me an Exacto knife it became a little easier.

I think a lot of times things are harder than I think they're going to be and life slaps me right in the face and I keep moving. I keep going to bed and waking up in the morning. I keep moving even though things are unsure and who knows how many people will actually come to the race? And who know anything for sure? Nope, except that I know God lives and He has a plan and everything will work out in the end and the end doesn't always mean the end of this life because there is a life after this one--I know that for sure.

That helps me run fearless.

1 comment: