26 August 2010

Unexpected Gifts, Guidance and Direction

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. About a week ago I found out about this new job as a receptionist at a law firm I hope to eventually get a job working full-time with benefits. I hope that made sense. So I found out a week ago. I said no at first and disregarded it, but as I got to thinking I realized that it would be perfect.

The hours would be great, the pay alright, the environment wonderful. I would gain experience as I worked my way up. I would get to see what lawyers do on a daily basis. I would get to interact with people and not be accused of selling anything.

So on Sunday my wife and I decided to go for it. I really didn't think I would get it. I printed off a resume on regular white paper, went in right after work in my jeans and polo, had an interview right there on the spot (which I wasn't planning on) and left. The office manager had told me that she had interviewed a couple people already so my expectations for getting the job were low.

The next day I got a phone call telling me I had gotten the job. I really feel that this is the direction I'm supposed to be going in my life. I feel very guided and very blessed and I thank God. He is great and wonderful. I will be working Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Now that's what I call sleeping in every day!!! So cool and I think that this new job will help me to run fearless even more.

My current job helped me run fearless for a time, but this new job is the perfect job for helping me run fearless now. Run fearless now!

No comments:

Post a Comment