06 August 2010

My mind is in turmoil, but I think I know what to do

I didn't post yesterday. My life is nuts, although I know others' lives are harder. I haven't really posted a ton of stuff about running lately as far as how to get faster etc. because my mind has been elsewhere.

Last week was a great training week and I came into this week wanting to hit it hard, but my body was feeling tired and fatigued so I changed plans and didn't do as much as I had planned and aimed for a high mileage week next week if that makes sense. I have made it a subject of deep personal introspection and reflection to figure out what I really want to do with my life. I am of the opinion that God wants me to do anything that will make my family happy, make me happy and help my family and I return and live with Him.

I used to want God to tell me what to do with my life. I have learned that at least for me He won't do that. He's going to let me exercise my agency and choose.

Books have changed my life and I find that they are very powerful. In my church I teach a lesson every month to a small group of men. I'm teaching this Sunday and the lesson is on "The Lord's Covenant People".

I read the following: "When we are baptized into the Church, we enter into the covenant the Lord made with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (see Galatians 3:26–29). If we are obedient, we inherit the blessings of that covenant. We have the right to receive help and guidance from the Holy Ghost. Worthy males have the right to hold the priesthood. Families can receive the blessings of the priesthood. We can gain eternal life in the celestial kingdom. There are no greater blessings than these." (Italics added for emphasis.)

Then I read " As we keep our covenants, our Heavenly Father promises us that we will receive exaltation in the celestial kingdom (see D&C 132:20–24).

The greatness of that promise is hard for mortals to understand. The commandments He gives are for our benefit, and as we are faithful we may forever share the blessings and beauties of heaven and earth. We may live in His presence and partake of His love, compassion, power, greatness, knowledge, wisdom, glory, and dominions." (Italics added for emphasis.)

I've got a ton more to say, but I gotta go to work, BUT these are the quick thought about it all: What is the most important thing? The most important. The VERY most important thing. I think everyone has to ask themselves that. I know I have and I ask myself that like a billion or maybe a trillion times a day. I think Jesus Christ was the perfect example when He suffered for our sins and died on the cross--and the part about that is that He didn't do that for Himself, He did that for us.

So for me personally I believe that helping others is the most important thing and right now that's my family. What does all of this mean about my goals and dreams? You know, that's the part I haven't figured out yet. I'll get back to you on that. Run fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment