21 August 2010

How I Will Proceed With My Life


I've had a couple break-downs recently, just figuring out what to do with my life and trying to figure out what I really want to do and who I want to be. This morning was a break-down and I wrote all of my feelings down. It was pretty much the unabridged version of yesterday's post of Deciding What to do.

After writing my thoughts, feelings, emotions, frustrations etc. I went running and the way to proceed with my life became clear. Now don't misunderstand, I didn't figure out what I was going to do for the rest of my life, but I did receive some further light and understanding as to how I am to proceed.

I realized that I had been neglecting some of the most important things. I asked myself what THE MOST IMPORTANT things were, these were the results...
  1. Heavenly Father
  2. My wife
  3. My son
  4. The Church (of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
  5. Running
I kind of had running at the top of that list for a while and I am making some adjustments. Most of you know I've been running every day (6 days a week) doing two workouts a day. Well, this next week and the following weeks, who knows for sure, I will only be doing 3 out of the 6 as two a days. I'll be able to spend more time paying attention to the things that matter most. How will I do this? You may ask. I'm glad you asked, here goes...

I decided to start creating Habits of Greatness (don't you dare steal that sweet title/idea, I'll probably write a book or something) where each week I will focus on something and give it 100% effort for that week which will be a great start and then continue to do it for 21 days until it becomes a habit and then continue doing it FOR-EVER!

So this week I will make a concerted, intense and sincere effort to
  1. Attend the temple (which I want to do at least once a month)
  2. Study and search (not just read) the scriptures for 30 minutes every day
  3. Offer more sincere, heart-felt and meaningful prayers both morning and night
I'm not perfect in any way, but I believe I can be perfect in doing these things above and developing Perfect Habits of Greatness (which may or may not be the new title, I haven't decided.)
Ladies and gentlemen, this is how I will be running, living and being fearless this week. Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment