15 July 2010

You Can Change How You Feel, It's A Choice!


You may have noticed, if you're adamantly following this blog which I bet not a ton are, that I didn't post yesterday. It's been a while since I didn't post on a day Monday through Saturday. The reason is because I had a break down.

Physically, emotionally, spiritually you name, it broke...down. I woke up in the morning so tired. Granted I am waking up at 3:40, leaving at 4:00 and arriving a little before 5:00 at my job. But I am going to bed pretty early. The sun is still up when I'm saying my prayers and falling asleep. But yesterday morning I woke up and I was still half-asleep and that hadn't happened. I was really tired at work and then the worst thing of all happened...

When I started to run home I felt some pain in my Achilles tendon. The pain intensified and I stopped running and walked. Hoping that the pain would subside, it did not and it grew worse. I said a prayer and told Heavenly Father I would be the best boy I had ever been and started to run again. I told Him that I had to run and that, in more of a pleading and begging way, He had to heal me and I kept running.

I made it home, but I was still in quite a bit of pain. I was still tired and I took a nap hoping that would help. When I woke up I was more rested, but I was depressed, frustrated and mad. I hate being injured. That is my scourge if that makes sense. Sometimes, like I mentioned in my post The Hurdle of Fear, I feel like I bring the injury upon myself, but other times I think God is trying to get my attention and tell me I need to slow down and remember Him.

I'm not finished with the rest of the story, and the other half is good, but I have a wife and she needs me. I think I need her more than she needs me. Anyways, my wife and I got some computer speakers with a gift certificate for our birthday, which just happens to be on the same day, and we rented Invictus from the Red Box and we're going to watch it. Run fearless forever!

1 comment: