23 July 2010

The Barefoot Race Is On! I'm so excited!


I just wanted to tell you what's on my mind. It's the only thing I can really think about to post right now, but I'll start with a more blogesque piece then move to the barefoot biz.

I want to make it a habit to take my wife on a date every week. I think that's a good way to show her I love her. I want to continue courting her even now, after we have been married. With that said tonight we went to the Museum of Art on BYU campus and it was wonderful. Okay, so we arrived 15 minutes before closing, but it was still great. Then we were able to see my brother Sam and his friend/my friend Jeremy as they were going to an EFY dance on campus. Then we got treats at the BYU Creamery. Simple, under $3.10 and I think my wife really liked it. Now I'm the best husband. I can deal with that.

Now the reason I can't think of anything else besides the Barefoot Race is for a couple of wonderful reasons that I want to tell you about...
  1. Today I got the first check in the mail for the first runner who signed up. That was cool! And it totally pumped me up and made my day.
  2. There's this lady who lives fairly close who's friends with the "Give One Million" guy (who I'm helping raise money for) and she sent me a message saying that she would be willing to help out with the race and secretly I have been wanting that help.
  3. I'm getting a lot of questions from lots of people and who know how many people will be there, I don't, but it'll be fun and we'll raise some money for an incredible cause and I'm excited, over.
This kind of stuff helps me to run fearless, over and out.

1 comment:

  1. Dang bro, this is awesome stuff. Tear it up, don't look back, zero mistakes, tackle the day, ata boy.

    ReplyDelete