12 July 2010

The Water We Drink Today Affects Our Performance Tomorrow

I don't know about you, but when I was first running and racing in high school I didn't drink water very well. I usually waited until I was thirsty and then I would drink. Studies have shown that if you wait until you're thirsty that's too late.

Throughout the week I wouldn't hydrate regularly and then the day of the race I would. If it was hot outside then I would struggle and wonder why. I didn't know what I know now, that we can't wait until race day to hydrate, it must start before. Even drinking enough water the day before may not be enough. Sooner or later our lack of preparation in the past will catch up with us in the future. We prepare for today by what we did yesterday. We prepare for tomorrow by what we do today and so on and so forth.

I find types in the world and especially in running. So it is with this life. What we do today will affect our lives in the life to come. No one can tell me with conviction that there is no life after this one. If they can tell me with conviction then I can promise you that with even more conviction and a testimony from God that there is a life after this life and we will all be held accountable for the works we perform. We will be held responsible for the thoughts we think and the words we say.

I know that just as important as drinking water and eating well it is of equal if not more importance that we live good lives because according to how we live now that will determine how we will live afterwards. That is a principle that helps me to run fearless.


No comments:

Post a Comment