29 July 2010

Fireflies Fearless with Owl City

I just thought it was time to talk about a song that helps me run fearless. Call me what you like, but I really like Owl City and I'm still in love with Fireflies and when I'm running and that song comes on I am inspired. I have posted the video right here for your viewing pleasure, so watch if if you want then I'll tell you why I like it so much...



Okay, so this is why I like it and why it's inspiring. The part of the song where he says "I like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly" in my opinion sums up the whole song where the message to me is that with imagination anything is possible. I mean this guy has a friendship with fireflies and he almost starts crying when they leave. The fireflies hug him, cry and teach him how to dance. It's just ridiculously incredible and that's why it inspires me. I think sometimes I am ridiculously reasonable and practical if that makes sense and this song strikes a chord with me.

The last thing I'll say is that when the chorus goes for a second, time and a third time, it comes in full, I'm not a music guy and that's how I describe it. It's powerful and every time it gives me this surge of energy. I want to throw my fists in the air, mainly my right fist. Or I want to raise both arms up parallel to the ground, palms up as if I was getting something from the heavens and look straight up into the sky and make myself believe that I'm receiving energy from God. Okay, so maybe I actually do that and maybe it's mostly when I'm alone.

Anyways, music is inspiring to me and this song specifically is. You heard it, Fireflies by Owl City helps me to run fearless. Who would have thought? Run fearless.

1 comment: