27 July 2010

See What You Want, Get What You See

So this is principle 11 of The Success Principles and the chapter/principle starts off with the following quote:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." -Albert Einstein

Here are a couple things I found really interesting from the chapter:

"When you perform any task in real life, researchers have found, your brain uses the same identical processes it would use if you were only vividly visualizing that activity. In other words, your brain sees no difference whatsoever between visualizing something and actually doing it" (p. 81).

"When you visualize your goals as already complete each and every day, it creates a conflict in your subconscious mind between what you are visualizing and what you currently have. Your subconscious mind tries to resolve that conflict by turning your current reality into the new, more exciting vision" (p.82).

Add as much detail as you can to your visualization. Feelings, emotions, sounds, smells, light, dark, time of day etc. get as much detail as you can in there. You can use printed pictures to help, especially if you have difficulty visualizing, because some of us do. Vision boards and goal books help too, but I'm not going to go into detail with that, Google it!

On my runs to and from work, especially in the morning I have a lot of time where I am all alone, completely. Almost zero cars and I can count on one hand how many humans outside of cars I have seen at that hour. This morning I visualized an interview I was having on a sports channel. I asked myself questions, watched a clip of my most recent win on the T.V. and then talked some more. It was wonderful.

Ever since high school I have been visualizing what it would be like to win and run so fast. Figure out what you want and start getting it by visualizing it already there. Run fearless. Live fearless. Be fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment