05 July 2010

I was a mime once

My intention is not to be prideful, cocky or stuck-up about my country. I just want to share ideas and feelings about what I deem to be a great day. Today is a great day. Yesterday was even better. We are celebrating the 4th of July which is when the United States won a war that gave them freedom to be, do and have anything they wanted. I, personally, am grateful for that day. It has opened millions of doors and blessed billions, (is that exaggerating?), of lives. Let me tell how Independence Day helps me to run fearless.

I left for work this morning at 4:11 a.m. I decided to run to work and back (13 miles round trip) every day. I just thought, man depending on the time (meaning many years ago or something) and the place (meaning a different country) I could get or I could have gotten arrested for doing something that probably looked suspicious. I was the one running and I was even suspicious. I was also half-asleep... Anyways, my point is that I am grateful to live in this country where I can do that.

Many of you know that religion is very important to. Being able to worship God in a way that I want to is very important to me. (Click on My Beliefs page for more information on what's important to me.) There's a Bible story about Daniel who got in trouble for praying to God. He was actually thrown into a lions' den because he was caught praying. That and worse things have happened to people who have tried to worship in the way they wanted, but their government wouldn't let them without an intense price--torture or death or both. I am grateful to be able to "worship how, where or what I may."

Being able to have this blog and say anything I want is a blessing. I don't know if it's necessarily a blessing that comes from being from the U.S. but maybe it is.

Look at this picture below. I know, who is that stud? Of course, it's me. I am a mime for Halloween. What a crazy-cool country that lets kids dress up and get free candy. Kinda dangerous too, but mostly awesome.



I live very well. Even in a time when the economy is not doing its very best I was unemployed for a month and a half and now I have a job and still can do what I love to do: Run.

One of the many things that contributes to my opportunity to run, live and be fearless is the fact that I live in the United States of America. Thanks for listening to me/reading my post. You're the best, did you know that? Run fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment