02 July 2010

Avoiding death and making others happy

Right now it's 4:25 a.m. Thursday morning and I'm setting this post to post tomorrow because I'll be out of town. When you're reading this I'll be in the Seattle area which is where I was born, Bellevue actually. My uncle passed away in January if I remember correctly and they're holding a memorial this weekend so that all of the family can come.

I decided to take this post and talk about drugs, death and affecting others. My uncle did drugs. Don't get me wrong, I love that man. I didn't know him very well. He wasn't a huge part of my life. Actually I can't really remember him very much in these last several years, just from my childhood. You always here "Don't do drugs" and my uncle is an example of why you shouldn't. I was told that when he died he looked much older than he was and that was because of the drugs.

In the running world there are many athletes getting busted for using performance enhancing drugs. Rashid Ramzi from Bahrain lost his Olympic 1500 meter gold medal from the China Olympics because he was using drugs. Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery, from the U.S., lost medals from Olympic games for the same thing. Ben Johnson from Canada had the same thing happen to him. Especially with the sprinters, not only did they lose out, but so did their relay teams.

Moral of the day: Don't do drugs and you and everyone around you will be happier. Run fearless.

1 comment:

  1. yep, drugs and alcohol. He had hepatitis c and needed a liver transplant and his body kept filling up with liquid; yuck. He did go through rehab and went on to help others...they had lots of nice things to say about how he helped them.

    ReplyDelete