31 July 2010

I just had to see where I was at, time-trial

On May 1st, Saturday of this year I did a time trial. Saturday night I went to the BYU track and ran 5 kilometers as fast as I could and I did it in 17:16. Mile 1 was 5:21, mile 2 was 5:36 and 3 was 5:41 plus the .1 (because 5K is 3.1 miles) equaling 17:16.

I've been doing a lot more mileage lately, especially this week where I ended today with 83.5 miles. I just had to see where I was at. So I woke up this morning, read a talk out of the Ensign while I drank water and ate some grapes. Then I went to the BYU track and ran a 5K as fast as I could. It wasn't as fast as I would have liked, but I feel pretty good about it.

My overall time was 17:38 so about 22 seconds slower than last time. Mile 1 was 5:45, 2 was 5:38 and 3 was 5:38 too. I think there are a couple reasons why it was slower and I feel okay about it--not great, but okay...
  1. I think I probably needed more food (energy) with more time to digest.
  2. When I ran the 17:16 my total mileage was 39 miles, for this week I had doubled that mileage so I was/am more tired than I was that day (May 1st) when I was pretty fresh.
Suffice it to say I feel okay and maybe I'm feeling better about it than at the beginning of this post. I just had to know if training was going well and for me to know I have to time-trial and that's what I did. Time-trials help me to run fearless. Have a good weekend, even though it's half-way over. Run fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment