08 July 2010

Did you know "Hey there Delilah" was a runner?

Delilah DiCrescenzo is the Delilah from the Plain White T's song "Hey there Delilah". Did you you know that Delilah was a runner. For complete information you can go to Delilah DiCrescenzo wikipedia page. Turns out Delilah "finished 3rd in the steeple chase at the 2006 US Nationals, and won the 6K title at the USATF National Club Cross Country Championships in the fall of 2007. She competed at the 2008 U.S. Olympic Trials where she made the finals, but did not qualify for the Olympic team" (Wikipedia 8 July 2010).

The moral of the story is you never know anything. At least for me and my experience, as small as that is totaling 25 years worth, there is so much I don't know so I never throw anything out. There's always something that I don't know. For example...

Example #1: I thought I knew what it meant to eat healthily, I didn't really know and I'm still learning.

Example #2: I thought running with shoes was the only option, then I read Born to Run, my paradigm shifted.

Example #3: I thought I knew what it meant to train hard and run a lot, I didn't really know. I'm learning right now.

Example #4: I thought I knew how to be a good husband and father, I was wrong and I'm learning.

These are things and this is the attitude that helps me to run fearless. Check it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Caleb, that's really cool! Did you know that I ran barefoot two days in a row? Amy thought you would want to know... :)

    ReplyDelete