16 July 2010

You Can Change How You Feel, It's A Choice! (Part II: Return of the King)

Okay, so Invictus was incredible and a must see. I apologize for leaving you-all hanging, here's the rest of the story...

After my nap I went out to the couch, picked up the computer and started to do some stuff online, but I couldn't do anything. I was just frustrated and upset and really there wasn't a really good reason why. Injuries don't last forever, but I couldn't shake my feelings. Something that really helps me is prayer and I thought that I didn't really have any other choice, not that I didn't want to pray but sometimes I want to do things on my own. I went in to my room, closed the door, got on my knees and prayed. That's when the ideas began to flow.

God is real and He is great. I know he answered my prayers and many times I think He does so through my own thoughts. The thought that came to mind was empowering. "You don't have to suffer from your feelings. You don't have to let your feelings influence and control you," I thought, " You can control your feelings and you can change how you feel. You have power to face your frustration and depression."

I opened my journal and asked Heavenly Father what I needed to do and this is what came to mind. They were actually ideas that I had before, but I hadn't acted on them...

  1. I realized that with all my crazy schedules and busy life I had been paying less attention to things that matter most. I decided to figure out what I was going to do to change myself so that I could be a better person and do those things that matter most, making them a priority.
  2. I realized that something that would help me would be a Priesthood blessing. Usually that involves two men who hold the Priesthood that you know and you ask them for a blessing and it can be for many things, but for me it was to be a blessing of health and counsel. I was able to get a hold of two friends who came over that night (Wednesday night) and they gave me a blessing. It was wonderful! I am so glad I did it. (And a little p.s. is that I'll probably do a post on the Priesthood, so just you wait everyone!)
  3. The third thing I decided to do was to stop my feelings in their tracks and do something about it rather than participate in self-defeating, self-sabotaging behavior.
I know that I'm different from all of you. I know that each individual is unique, but it is my experience and from what I have been taught by other that 1. We are the ones who control our feelings (with exceptions in every case of course) and 2. God wants us to come to Him, realizing our dependence on Him, and in turn He will enable us with the power to conquer. Those are ways that I run fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment