12 August 2011

A Kindred Spirit and a Twin

First I introduce my kindred spirit (disclaimer: although my wife is my true kindred spirit, this is the runner version, just roll with it): Ashley Higginson and you can find the article I read about her here.  She is a Princeton grad who was accepted to the University of Colorado Law School, but is putting it on hold to pursue the Olympics.  Sound like anyone you know?  If it doesn't you need to read my post This is how things are going. Okay, so I never applied to law school, but I was planning on going and I was studying for the LSAT.  Anyways, she says that the reason she's postponed everything is because “I was not ready to let go...I couldn't take the chance of asking myself later, ‘What if?’ That’s something I would regret.”  Interesting!


Now, my twin:  Elizabeth Yetzer and you can find that article here. The reason I say she's my twin is because this is what she's doing: "Right now I'm living with my parents, and a lot of people don't think that looks like an attractive lifestyle, but there's an aspect of faith to take that leap. It's a risk that requires patience."  Yep, there they are.  Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment