29 August 2011

Day 1: Mindfulness

Today has been a long, long day.  We left Ft. Lauderdale at 6 this morning and arrived in Salt Lake at 12 noon, then drove to Idaho Falls.  I ran and now we will be eating dinner shortly.  Amy is in Utah for a wedding of a very good friend later this week, so I'm here with my parents and the remaining siblings and I have a job interview tomorrow.

I'm going to go to bed early.  I can tell my body needs sleep so I'm going to give it what it needs.  I decided that I am going to be more mindful of my running.  As I run, instead of thinking about other things, I'm going to practice mindfulness.  Today I learned that what my body needs is really good sleep.  I plan on doing this daily and then tweeting what I learn from running, as I run and am mindful if that makes sense.  I want to pay more attention to my running.  I want to pay more attention to my body, my mind, my feelings etc.  Follow me on Twitter to get my daily running mindfulness wisdom.  I don't promise anything great or incredible--heck, I don't even know how long this will last, but it seems like a good idea so stay tuned because it may turn into something incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment