04 August 2011

Level 2 Completed: I Feel Content and I'm Ready to Move On

First of all I think I'm growing up.  I may have finally hit puberty.  I actually have hair on my chest AND my armpits stink after I run.  That's an achievement.  Two things that previously weren't happening with my body.

Today has been an awesome day.  Probably because it started awesome.  I did a 200 meter time trial today and I did not run as fast as I wanted, but after I was done I did not feel frustrated or angry but rather at peace.  That's when I knew I was ready to move on.  The following is my progression of 200 meter time trials:

Date          Time
7/14/11     26.95
7/21/11     26.94
8/4/11       26.65  

I realized that the fastest 100 meter time trial I had ever done from a standing-start was 13.03 (see my 100 meter time trial progression) so then you double that: 26.06 and that's pretty close to my fastest time today of 26.65.  I feel really good about my decision to move on to Level 3: 400 meter time trials.

Now, I went for run #2 at 8:40.  I went North towards Springville, then turned around and came back up a gradual hill.  I felt my body start speeding up, automatically! It was sweet.  Then I got a little sick from dinner, not that the dinner made me sick but I finished eating around 7:30 and ran at 8:40.  Not enough time, but I'll take what I can get.  Then at the end of the run I felt my body start speeding up.  My form felt good.  I was flying and I was sincerely feeling a TON of gratitude to[wards] God for blessing me and allowing me to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment