31 August 2011

Day 2: Detachment

Okay, so yesterday was awesome.  I slept in which hasn't really happened in a couple years I think, okay maybe like since February of last year.  Anyways, I went to a job interview at a running store in Idaho Falls and left the interview feeling pretty good and really wanting the job.

I went on run #1 when I came back and then went out for some more job searching.  My dad has offered me some work at my uncle's clinic doing data entry, but he can't offer me a consistent 20 hours a week, $10 an hour like I need to pay the other bills.  So I went out and realized after I had gone to a few places that if the running store job didn't work out, that would be fine because there were other things I could do and I would be happy dooing them.

That night I was listening to some Deepak Chopra where he talks about the 7 Spiritual Laws of Success and he talks about law #6, The Law of Detachment.  He advocates that in order to get what we want, we must relinquish the attachment to that thing.  You still have the intention to do it and achieve it, but you have relinquished the attachment to that thing or the outcome.  He says, "I'm headed from point A to point B and whatever happens in between doesn't matter...I'm stepping into the field of all possibilities...I'm accepting things as they are...I am grounded in the wisdom of uncertainty."

I know that might sound a little weird, well it kind of is, but what I know is that once I accepted the fact that I would be happy at another job if I didn't get the job at the running store I felt better. I wasn't as stressed.  I could be calm and happy.  I think that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment