27 July 2011

When There's a Burning in Your Heart

There was a morning before the 4th of July that I was driving to the track to do a time trial for 100 meters.  As I approached the track, a song came on by Death Cab for Cutie called You Are a Tourist and it was inspiring.  I've posted the YouTube video that has the song and lyrics below so you can partake of the goodness. (The music video is a little weird so watch at your own risk.)  The reason why it inspired me is because there's a burning in my heart, and that burning talks to me and tells me I can.  That's the fire the propels me forward with a crazy dream at a crazy time in my life.  I know I can.  I know I can go faster.  I can feel it inside of me.  When I'm running it's like I can feel my potential.  It's real.  I can feel the fact that someday in the very near future I will be able to drop several minutes from my PRs and amaze everyone including myself.  I just know I can run faster and there's a burning in my heart.


1 comment: