09 July 2011

The Agent

I thought it would be good to mention other things I've done in preparation for this big decision.  Eventually I could see my life's story becoming a book, maybe a book that only a handful of people would read, but a book nonetheless.  Anyways, so I have a buddy named Isaac and his dad is an agent for New Balance.  He's an agent for professional runners and has been since it was first started back in 1980-something.  Anyways, to make it short because I'm really tired, but still up because we're getting ready for a yard sale tomorrow, in summary what Bob the agent told me was the following:


  1. In order to get sponsored you have to be really fast.  
  2. The way to show you're really fast is to go out there and run a fast race.
  3. Even though you may think you're sponsor worthy, until you've proven yourself, you're not.
He apologized for being pessimistic, but I told him thank you for being honest and upfront.

No comments:

Post a Comment