15 July 2011

Plyometrics (+ video)

I was thinking back to when I was running my personal bests.  There are a couple factors that play in to that one of them being I was training and racing at sea level in Vancouver, Washington, but I remembered that one thing I think was a big contributor to me running my best was doing plyometrics.  

In high school we would do them almost daily.  We had a little 10-20 minute warm-up jog, then we would do 15-20 minutes of plyometrics, then the work-out.  Anyways, 3 days a week I am doing plyos (as we/I like to call them.)  I do them on my easy days, MWF.  I wake up at 6 a.m., read the Bible and/or Book of Mormon for 30 minutes, then I'm out the door to a nearby church where there's a small grassy area (that you'll see in this video) and I do plyos for about 20-25 minutes until 7:00 and then I run for 30 minutes either by myself or a friend.

Anyways, watch this sweet video, see what I do and have a good day.


1 comment: