25 July 2011

My Craziest Pre-Race Experience Yet

Okay, just to give a little background for today.  My best 10K up until this morning was 36:30, which I did as a freshman at BYU in the Rex Lee Run.  I have done 10Ks since, but they have almost always been part of Olympic distance triathlons.  So I went into this race wanting to break my PR and I did it.  I ran it in 35:13, and I came in 46th overall (check out the Deseret News 10K results).  Pretty fast field.

But the craziest, funniest things are yet to come. Making it to the race was a little intense. I left with enough time to pick up my race number, change into my racing clothes, and possibly take a little nap before the race. But I got lost, and I hadn't even picked up my race number by 1 minute until the race started, and I didn't even park 5 minutes before. For the full story, check out the video below.  I wanted it to be fresh and exciting so I called my best friend Brant and had him on speaker phone as I told him, which is why it might sound like I'm yelling--I'm not, I'm just talking loud.  He asked me questions and brought out some more details that made the story even better and more complete:


1 comment:

  1. I think that was a PR for the 10 K and a PR for holding it!

    -Joey

    ReplyDelete