05 July 2011

The Real Reason

I ran a 5K in Idaho Falls yesterday. It was horrible, and I'm not just being hard on myself.  Granted, it had been a rough weekend.  The little guy was sick and woke up multiple times each night while we were in Idaho Falls, coughing and saying "poo poo" because on top of having a fever and a cough, he was also constipated.  This was the first time I ever watched Sesame Street at 3:00 a.m.  Trust me, it's not worth it, but when your little one can't sleep because he has a high fever, you'll do anything so he can be distracted and won't cry and wake people up.  Anyways, I started questioning whether or not moving to Idaho Falls was a good decision because the race had gone so poorly, but I still felt good about it all and this is why:

The goal is not to necessarily to become the world's greatest runner and win 75 gold medals at the Olympics  the goal is to fulfill the dream I've had to become a professional runner doing what I love to do full-time, to find out what my body can do and in 10 years to be able to look back and say, "I have no regrets. I had my chance and it was awesome."


If that is the goal then I can't fail and moving to Idaho, on top of feeling right and all things falling into place, is a good decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment