12 July 2011

14 Miracles (part 2)

Alright, let me give you a couple more miracles that just say to me that this decision is right.  Whether or not you think they're legit or I should move is besides the point.  This blog is for posterity, you just get to read it.

Miracle #3: When I was hired at my current job my boss asked if I would commit to being around for a while, at least a year.  I had no intention of doing anything else at the time, although professional running was a dream in my mind, but at that point didn't seem like it was going to happen any time soon.  I love my boss.  He is an incredible man.  I think he's one of the hardest working people that I know and it has been a huge blessing to be able to work for him and have a great job, especially in our economy.  He is however pretty intense and I hate not making him happy or doing things to disappoint him.  I think that's how I am with anyone I work with or teachers I've had--I want to impress and I want to work hard for them.  Anyways, so one of my biggest concerns was wondering what my boss was going to say.

I scheduled a time on his calendar the day before to chat with him, thinking I would have another 24 hours to really figure out what I was going to say.  That evening when the day was coming to a close I needed him to look over some documents I had prepared.  I went in, he helped me out and as I was leaving he said,"I saw you scheduled a meeting for us tomorrow.  Do you want to talk about that now?"  I got real nervous, but told him that would be fine.  I told him everything and he was very accepting, very encouraging and, honestly, he was excited for me.  Yes, he was sad to see me go, but he said he understood and wished me well.  That was awesome.

Miracle #4: With what we've seen for health insurance we were looking at it being one of our biggest expenses, but after doing some more research and crunching numbers it turned out to be $100-150 cheaper than we had originally thought.

Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment