22 July 2011

"I'm a little envious"

Today I had to meet a client outside of work to make it easier for everyone.  As I was waiting, I ran into a friend who is a really good triathlete.  I know he went to Age Group Nationals which is really hard to do, I know because I tried.  I also know that he did really well at the national biathlon (swim-run, I think, or maybe bike-run, duathlon) and was invited to compete in Spain for that.

Anyways, he asked how training was going and I told him that I was going to be moving up to Idaho to train full-time, work part-time.  He said, "I'm a little envious."  He said something to the effect that he wished he could go back and do something like that, train full-time and see what could have happened.

I'm grateful that I have great parents who invited me to stay with them so I could pursue my dream.  I'm grateful I have a great wife who supports me in my dream.  I'm glad I have a son who's 17 months old and to my knowledge is game for the adventure, and really from what I can tell, could care less as long as he has his parents, food and a place to sleep.  I'm grateful that I never stopped asking the Lord for a way to make my dream come true.  I don't know what's going to happen, but I am so dang excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment