04 May 2010

Famous Running Quotes

"Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative."

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
"


How does a kid from Coos Bay, with one leg longer than the other win races? All my life people have been telling me, 'You're too small Pre' , 'You're not fast enough Pre', 'Give up your dream Steve'. But they forgot something, I have to win!."-Pre

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." -Pre

(Courtesy of http://www.prorunningsource.com/prefontainequotes.html and http://www.justrunners.com/pre%27s_legacy.htm on 4 May 2010)



No comments:

Post a Comment