29 May 2010

Sand Dunes and Idaho

I went on a run this morning and it was so cool! I wanted to tell all of you about it because I REALLY enjoyed it. My cousin is getting married today in Idaho Falls, Idaho. My parents came here to live about 9 months ago so that's where I'm staying. My dad showed me the sand dunes that are located close to their house and told me that he had enjoyed running there. He said if I was looking for a place to go that would be a good place.

My first thoughts were, Nah! I'll find somewhere better, but then this morning I left the house. There was wind, rain and cold. I just started running and I headed towards the sand dunes. I don't know if I've ever really seen sand dunes and they are big! I was thinking they were these puny things, but they were steep and tall. I ran up one and as I crested the hill I was filled with joy, both at how challenging it had been and at how cool the dunes were.

I proceeded to run along the steep, middle part that probably has a name that I don't know. My shoes filled with wet sand. I ran down a part fast and up another slow, these naturally rolling hills of sand making for a great workout.

Now how does this help me run fearless?
  1. Even though I didn't think it was going to be that great, I gave it a shot and THOROUGHLY enjoyed it and will probably do it again.
  2. I didn't really have any plans on where exactly I was going to run, how long, or how hard, but I went out and enjoyed myself in the nasty weather and right now I feel pretty dang happy.
  3. And lastly my family, specifically my cousin's husband, had made breakfast early and I had had a conference call before that with a mastermind group for the Success Principles book. I decided that if I was going to go running it needed to be before the wedding and festivities or I wouldn't be able to go. So I went and it was great. Then I ate and that was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment