15 May 2010

My workout this morning

This week I started adding in a second workout. I would do my hard/main workout first thing in the morning and then sometime later in the day I did another run, usually easy. I ran an extra 15 miles total and I was pretty tired and worn out. This morning I did repeat miles at Kiwanis Park. One week ago they didn't go so well, but this morning they were great.

Several times this week I didn't want to go out and run. I was tired. I had gotten up with the baby, or I had woken up early to take care of the baby (now, don't get me wrong, my wife does most of the work; I'm just available for back-up) etc. So I just told myself those times that I didn't want to run that I didn't have to run hard. I told myself that I could start out easy and if I felt good I could speed up. Specifically my Tempo run on Wednesday and my Repeat miles this morning. They ended up being some of my best workouts.

I personally am grateful that I can walk, run and feel joy doing it. I am grateful to be alive and able to do so many wonderful things with such an incredible body. Run fearless!

1 comment: