29 June 2010

Today I went to Hogwarts and a granola bar saved my life


It's true today I went to Hogwarts and a granola bar saved my life. At least that's what it felt like. You may have been wondering why I posted this post so late. Consistently I've been posting in the morning, but not today because today I went to Hogwarts.

(At the request of my friend Brant I am adding in a random photo of when I was probably 17 at a road race in Portland, Oregon. See more pics on my Meet Caleb page.)

I started my new schedule at work today: 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. with an one hour brunch-break. The early morning shift is the U.K. shift so I was partnered up with Jason as he spoke to merchants on the phone. It was so cool! And I felt like I was in a Harry Potter movie. That's probably because that's one of the few movies I've seen recently where the people talk in British accents besides Chronicles of Narnia. We also talked to an Irish guy who thought we were ridiculous. "Well, we'll see who's ridiculous when your business gets compromised and you end up going to bankrupt!" I wanted to say, but I'm glad I didn't. I couldn't have anyways because I was just listening in on the handset-phone where you can only hear, but they can't hear you.

I didn't eat breakfast because for some weird reason I wasn't hungry at 4:00 a.m. It's been a long time since I got up at 4 a.m., oh wait, I never have really gotten up at 4. Except I did get up at 4:50 a.m. almost everyday throughout high school to get ready for early morning seminary and school. Anyways, tangent, so I started getting hungry and it was that sick-stomach type hungry. I remembered that I had a Kashi granola bar in my bag. So I fished that out and ate it. Oh, that saved my life.

I want to apologize because my posts from now until the end of the summer may be crazy. I hope they'll just come out later. I'm going out of town Thursday, so we'll see what happens then.

I started getting sick and I'm feeling tired. Even though this week was going to be another hard week, I'm going to play it safe rather than sorry and back off a bit. I think that would be wise. I think that's what you gotta do. Have a good day and run fearless!

1 comment: