21 June 2010

Don't let your circumstances control you (I got a job!!!)

As you could read from the title, I got a job! What a wonderful thing! Yes it has been wonderful to do a lot of running and get this blog off the ground and flying through the world, but it is nice to start bringing in money for the family. I have been unemployed for the last month and a half and although it has allowed me to do things I would not have been able to do, it's time to move on...

New schedules can be daunting. This week is training at my job at Security Metrics and it's the normal 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. schedule. I have been doing two workouts every day, one at 7 a.m. and the other at 10 a.m., but that won't be possible this week, unless I want to lose my job. (Where's the new guy? Oh, he went for a run... Bad.) So I gotta adapt. I woke up extra early this morning so I could read from the Ensign as a supplement to my scripture study and in preparation for Family Home Evening tonight. Then I went running at 6:10 a.m. and I will do another run around 6:30 p.m. this evening. That's how each day will look this week, but next week will be my set schedule.

I will work 5 a.m. - 2 p.m. which is kind of a nice shift, and I'm so grateful for the full-time, but it kind of shoots my morning running in the foot, so I gotta adapt. I will run on the BYU indoor track at 2:30 every day for my easy 1st run and then I will do my second workout at 6 p.m. every day. I did some research to figure out when a safe time of the day would be to run when it's been hot outside. A lot of the sources said 6 p.m. so that's when I'll go.

When school starts again it will be another schedule because most likely I'll start working part-time. The message here is not to let your new circumstances take control. YOU must take control and figure out what you have to do to accomplish what you want. Don't let new schedules and demands control how you feel and what your dreams are. We can't always control the circumstances, but we can control the way we react to those circumstances. Have a great day and run fearless!

1 comment:

  1. That was a perfect post for me today! Thanks. I will be making a conscious effort to keep running even with my new schedule!

    ReplyDelete