28 June 2010

By drinking this kind of water you will become... Invincible!

Saturday was incredible. Actually the whole last week was incredible. I started my new job and was working 9-5 every day. I planned in a workout in the morning and a workout in the evening and totaled 75 miles. You can see my workouts on my training page. There were several wonderful things that happened for which I am grateful. I believe that by being grateful our lives will improve. How does it work? I don't exactly know, but here's how it worked for me...

I am grateful for women at the top of the Y who have extra water. I went running and it was mountain running day. I hydrated well during the day and at the base of the Y trail there's a water fountain which I used. When I got to the top of the Y I kept going and as I came down I realized that I was very thirsty. More thirsty than I thought I was going to be. There was group of women at the top that had hiked up and I asked them if they had some water to spare, they did and I drank. They told me I was incredible for running all the way up the Y. Who doesn't like to hear that? Well I happen to like it and that was wonderful. I thanked them for the water and left. As I was running down I felt like a new man. That water had saved me. Then I remembered the scripture in John 4:13-14 which says, "Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

I felt the Spirit of God fill my soul as I was running. It was awesome! I realized that water is a type of Christ. I had learned that before, but now it really meant something to me. I was filled with gratitude towards God and His Son Jesus Christ. I realized with more conviction and power than ever before that Jesus Christ is where my power comes from. It is through Him that I can be clean. It is through Him that I can return and live with God the Father after this life. It is through Christ that this world was created. Without Him I am nothing.

You may or may not have the same belief as me and I am not here to argue or force anything upon you, but I am here to testify that Jesus Christ lives. He suffered for our sins, died on the cross and was resurrected. Because of that we can become clean in order to have joy in this life and prepare to return and live with God after this life.

Jesus Christ is one of the principal reasons why I am able to live fearless, be fearless and run fearless. Christ takes the fear away. Have a fearless day and run! (fearless:)

1 comment: