29 September 2011

The Ruling

So I thought I would give a brief explanation to the picture I put on Facebook earlier.  It's a picture of the women's current world record holder in the marathon, Paula Radcliffe, who also happens to be a hero of mine.  I hope to meet her one day, like next August.  The IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations, the governing body for track and field) ruled that they will not recognize any marathon record performance by a woman who set said record in a race that had men.  So in order for a record to be legit, it has to be an all-woman race or a race where the women start ahead of the men, like they do, I believe, in the Boston Marathon, where the elite women start 45 minutes early.  Anyways, I think the whole thing is poppycock, ridiculousness. And that's all I'm going to say about it right now because I'm going to bed.  Here's a picture that describes how I feel, it's of Paula Radcliffe--I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment