10 September 2011

Next Week: Phase 1

This is gonna be quick because it's bed time, and speaking of bed time, my new bed time is going to be 9:00 on the dot.  I think my performance will be directly tied to several factors, one of those being recovery and bed time/sleep time being very connected with that, but that's not necessarily what this post is about.

After realizing that I have been training less-effectively for some time I have revamped my training, split it up into four phases and Phase 1 starts next week.  I've been resting and recovering from my over-training.  next week I will start many things and among those will be running twice-a-day, 3 miles each time, totaling 36 miles next week and then increasing every 3 weeks.  I probably won't be running any races for at least 6 weeks even though I want to see next Saturday where I'm at race-wise, but I have to remind myself of the goal:  The goal is to produce very fast times next Spring during track season.  So all of my training, everything I do revolves around that purpose alone, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment