12 October 2011

Wish Walk Run

I forgot to tell everyone that I'm doing a 5K this Saturday.  When I've thought of it I haven't been in a place to post, but when I'm posting I forget.  Anyways, that's the plan.  I hope to 1. Break my previous best of 17:38, 2. My realistic goal is a low 17, precisely 17:03 I think I can do if things go well, 3. My ambitious goal is 16:34, we'll see and 4. My "super-human" goal is 15:54 which I kind-of think is possible, but at the same time for me, at this point in my training etc. is "super-human".

If you are in the Idaho Falls area come out and run the Wish Walk Run 5K. Good night!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, boy! That's the most exciting news I've heard a while. I wish walk run I was there. Please post results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so what was your time, Speed Boy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caleb, your cousin Jennifer Scoville Babcock is my sweetie and has your blog linked from hers. Your inspiring words have encouraged me to start running at the times when I am not able to bike to work. This week I've been in Tampa on travel and shuffled the 4.4 miles back and forth to the office 3 times. Your example of temperance helped convince me to walk to the office yesterday and to rest and accept a ride back to the hotel at the end of the day. Today I ran the commute again and am sitting here with my feet soaking in the warm tub as I type. But I feel like I've made a leap forward in expanding my horizons beyond bicycle commuting! Running while away from home has helped me stay focused and on track with my work and in staying out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete