07 October 2011

The Cold has Come

Yesterday morning I went for run #1.  Before I left my dad walked in the door having gone for a run himself.  I could tell it was sprinkling a little, not thinking much of it because come on, I grew up in Vancouver, Washington.  Rain doesn't faze this!  My dad said that it was raining lightly and "wanting" to snow.  I was like, how can you tell it wants to snow?  but I didn't ask that question out loud, I just left on my run.

Well, it was a light rain, and the wind had picked up a little.  I could tell the temperature was dropping, but I did NOT think it was going to snow.  By about 10:00 a.m. I was going to the temple and it was snowing. By the time I got out of the temple, about 30 minutes later, it was sticking and then about 3 hours later there was a snowman on the front lawn.

That night, last night, I led the group run for Teton Running, the store I work at, and it was very, very cold.  Not too bad, but compared to the summer, and compared to 5 days ago for goodness sakes, it was freezing.  This morning I went running.  I ran about 6 miles.  I thought my toes would stand a better chance if I wore two pairs of socks.  Well, I wore two pairs of cotton socks, soaked through both within 15 minutes of the 45 minutes run.  My toes were incredibly cold, but my fingers did well as I wore some good gloves.

We had a lady come to work and she did a training on Icebreaker which is apparel made of Merino wool.  We each got some socks as part of the training.  I plan on wearing them tomorrow during my long run.  I'll let you know how they hold up.  Apparently they are supposed to be some of the best clothing out there, and by the way that lady was explaining things it's pretty much bomb.  Anyways, let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment