05 October 2011

Why Success Principles

I thought I would do a short post on why I use The Success Principles by Jack Canfield.  There are tons of self-help/motivation/achieve-your-dreams books out there, but there's a reason a have selected The Success Principles to form a part of my success.

It was around June/July 2010 and I went up to the base of the "Y" mountain.  I went off on a little trail, found a large rock to sit on and began to pray.  My prayer ended with me yelling out to the city of Provo, "Why can't I do what I love and get paid to do it?!" and then I ran home.  Well that same day I get a phone call from my mother-in-law who had become part of a book club/mastermind group reading the book The Success Principles.  They gave me a copy of that book, and instantly I was hooked on reading it.

A few months later I was struggling with a mold allergy caused by where we were living and with school and work and an internship it just got to be more than I could handle.  I had to drop out of the group, but I did continue to read the book.

Fast forward to a year later, when the timing was right, I could pick up the book again and begin to apply the principles.  That's my story.  Thought you'd be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment