15 September 2010

How to Run Barefoot on Cement and Asphalt, by Caleb


Okay, so I'm back and embarrassed because my running life lately has been rough, but I'm going to pro-act to that and I'm on to the next series of my life.

BTW my internship with the BYU Cross Country team is going great. I felt a little left-out at first because no one really knew me, or understood my humor... but I feel like I'm becoming friends with Coach Eyestone and the athletes and it's great.

Okay, so here's my latest experiment. I think that running barefoot is the best. I also am not naive enough to think that the whole world agrees that we should run barefoot. Right now is the perfect time to experiment so here goes...

A year ago I started running barefoot at parks and it was quite successful to say the least. Seeing as how I really have absolutely nothing to lose I'm going to take my experiment to the roads and run barefoot on cement and asphalt. I know, I know! Some of you will say that I'm stupid or crazy or a bad word, but that doesn't really bother me frankly because it's my life, it's now or never, I aint gonna live forever. Alright, threw a little Bon Jovi in there, sorry.

So yesterday I ran for 5 minutes on both cement and asphalt. About 80% cement and 20% asphalt I would say. Tomorrow will be 10 minutes. Saturday will be 15. We'll see how it goes. This is how I'm running fearless.

1 comment: