29 September 2010

Baby while Barefoot with a Blood Blister


Okay, so this will be fast because there are tons of other things to do, but this blog is worthwhile so here goes...

Amy had a ton of homework to do and I really wanted to go running so we made a compromise. Our wonderful and incredible landlords, who live right above us, have a good jogging stroller so I asked if I could borrow it. They said that would be just fine and I did. So I ran barefoot pushing my 8-month old baby boy.

Well I was only going to go 40 minutes, but then when I looped around I calculated the distance and estimated the time it would take and I was way off. I underestimated the time it would take and went further to compensate. I ended up running for 47 minutes flat. The run was great, do-able, enjoyable except for the blood blister.

My left foot started burning, but I was semi-far from home and there was nothing I could do about it so I tried my best to ignore it. By the time I got home it was a pretty good sized blood blister as you can see in that picture above.

Fun little side-note: I had brought water and I stopped a few times to drink. I knew my son would be thirsty and so I gave him water and he loved it, and smiled, and did his hard, elevated breathing that means he's enjoying something. During the run though he was very still, motion-less and very observant. It was a wonderful workout and it helped me run fearless.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Caleb, my grandson is so adorable, but that blister is UGLY! Take care of those owies!

    ReplyDelete